Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)

To: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:26:04 -0500
Cc: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Anthony Gordon
>Jeff,

If you hate British food, don't visit the midwest period! -- a good friend
hailing from France was transferred by Dow Chemical to Midland, Michigan,
and after a year of trying to find good grub declared mid-west restaurant
food as "it's like the British invaded and they even forgot to bring a
single herb."

Tony (not missing British food greatly, but would die for a Balti)
72 TR6, Midland MI
<

I can't speak for Micigan but there are some rather piquant food served up
here in St. Louis hailing from such places as the Orient, Latin America and
New Orleans.  Also, Italian cuisine is quite common and I would favorably
compare the Italian restaurants in St. Louis against those of any other
city in the US.

Send him down here and I'll show him around.

Dave