Re: TR4 engine overhaul: $$?

Subject: Re: TR4 engine overhaul: $$?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:24:16 -0700
Tom Di Iulio wrote:

> for what's it worth, my '76 TR6 engine was overhauled, including
> "decking" the block to increase compression. basically i brought the engine
> to him and he installed new valves, guides, springs and lifters, new pistons
> and rods, new bearings and seals, new timing chain, and chromed the whole
> engine. well, i might be exaggerating a little about chroming the engine!
>     my total bill was around $1980.00 and he did re-assemble the whole
> thing. hope this helps. [Tom Di Iulio, 1976 TR6, Denver, CO]

Tom, was your engine rebuilder in Denver also? If so, his name? $2K sounds
really nice to me. Now I hadn't thought about chroming the engine... that would
sure look purty with the chrome carb covers and chrome head bolt covers the PO
installed. ;-) Those are now in a box, I'm sure they'll appear on eBay soon.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO