Horn Adjustment and Grounding

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn Adjustment and Grounding
From: JMHaas@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:03:37 EST
My 14 month restoration is near complete.  I have turn signals, bleeding of
the clutch and horns to go before inspection (not done since 1985!).  Oh
yeah, by the way, it started March 10th!  First time in six years.  I was
bummed that I couldn't take a spin around the block because of the clutch.
Oh well in time.

Back to the purpose of the post.  I started with a clicking at the relay when
trying the horn.  I cleaned my terminals and checked for current at each of
the two horns.  Once I had current I set about adjusting the horns per the
Haynes manual.  Thursday morning I was successful in getting the low horn to
sound.  Proud of my accomplishment I wanted to share it with my 12 yo son.
He tried the horn Thursday night and nothing. (Lucas !)  I set out this
morning to find the source of my problems.  5:30 AM Friday morning - check
the horn and sure enough the low horn works?  Here's where I need the help:

1. Where do I find the steering wheel ground?  Based on my observations of
posts over the past 12-14 months, I assume that my on again off again problem
is probably the ground.  Any other places to check?
2. Where is the adjustment screw on the high horn?  I took the high horn out
his morning and noted a single screw on the "top" of the horn near the
terminals.  However, it is not a Phillips head screw like the one on the low
horn.  On the "bottom" of the high horn is a hole that has a silver colored
something in it.  It does not appear to be a rounded off Phillips head.

TIA.

Jan Haas
71 TR6
Yardley, PA