Re: Virus warning (yeah I know, but this ones real)

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Virus warning (yeah I know, but this ones real)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:27:21 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Barry,
Sad but true.  I will cite another example of one of those viruses that happened
to me.

One of the list members (I won't say who) sent me a file called "Happy 99.exe" a
while ago.  It was a cutesy little fireworks program that appeared to do little
more than create a fireworks display on your screen.  However it also contained
a worm virus that went in and created two files in The windows system directory
and also changed the name of the winsock.dll file and affected anything that
uses that particular file.

So I agree with your precaution to: "Don't open any executable file sent to you
by EMAIL until you know for sure what it will do."

Regards,
Joe