Re: Fluid level switch in master cylinder - sensor possibilities

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fluid level switch in master cylinder - sensor possibilities
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:47:39 -0400
"Power British Performance Parts, Inc." wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> E-types use exactly the level sensor you want - AND the cap is the same size
>and
> thread to fit a Girling master.  Unfortunately, the actual senor is enclosed
>in a
> cylindrical alum. housing that makes it too tall to fit down on top of the TR
>master
> (Jag uses a plastic reservoir that is deeper to accomodate the float/sensor).
> Contact
> me off list as I've probably got a few bad ones laying around - I'll send one
>to you
> and you can try to remove the alum. cylinder to see if it can be made shorter
>to fit
> the TR/Girling master - if you can make it fit, then just get a new one and
>repeat the
> modifications!
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit

Jeff,

Ooops - I spaced earlier - the Jag level sensor is the same size as the clutch
cap, not
the brake master.  Offer still stands if you want a broken one as a freebie to
play with.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars