Re: Fluid level switch in master cylinder - sensor possibilities

To: <Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fluid level switch in master cylinder - sensor possibilities
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:10:18 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for your follow-up.  I've decided that I must and shall have a low
brake level warning system on my '67 Spitfire.  My understanding is that
many Japanese and perhaps German cars have these float/switch sensors
attached to the cap to the reservoir.  Ideally, I'd like to find either a
cap that will fit my existing Girling reservoir with a switch that is the
right size (the impossible dream?) or at least find a switch of the right
depth that can be removed from the OEM cap and reinstalled in my Girling
cap.

If anyone beats me to figuring out which year/model automobile would be
suitable for donor services, by all means, please post it to the list!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site