Spitfire Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Question
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:42:55 EDT
Listers,
Maybe someone can answer this, I have a '72 Mark IV (I'm the second owner)
and it has the original engine and transmission.  When I first started
working on the engine, I discovered that it is in actuality, a 1500.  I've
been told by everyone that this is supposed to be a 1300 and the 1500's
didn't come out until a couple of years later.  Is there something Triumph
did that I don't realize or was this an optional engine?  I haven't made a
displacement check yet, but 1300 parts don't fit, 1500 parts do.  Hope
someone can help me figure this out.

        Michael