Re: Spitfire Question

To: <OHFASTONE@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Question
From: "Tony Childs" <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 22:13:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Michael,

The change from the 1296 cc engine to the 1493 cc engine occurred with the
1973 model year - first year for the Spitfire 1500.  It is possible you have
a very late 1972 model and they had exhausted the supply of 1296 cc engines
and used the new 1493 cc instead.  To help further determine what may have
happened, what is the commission number and engine number of your Spit?

Tony Childs
72 Spitfire - FK38809U