Re: Trunnion

To: "Mark Price" <mprice@keystonesystems.com>
Subject: Re: Trunnion
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 01:22:19 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Paul
Check the join between the thread and the solid for cracks, I have had one
of those things break clean off at the top of the thread on a Herald,
fortunately I was in the process of pulling away from a Junction and there
was only light damage to the car, no damage to me and we were back mobile
within an hour or so with a replacement link installed. I dread to think
what would have happened had it gone whilst hangin' it through a right
hander, cartwheels spring to mind for starters!
At the weekend I was talking to two other owners of cars with trunnions and
each of them recounted the same thing happening to them, one guy looked at
several S/H links and found them all to be cracked!!!

Graham.