Sudden Battery Death Syndrome

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sudden Battery Death Syndrome
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:41:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Ironic, as this just happened to me on another sports car yesterday. Got a
jump- all was fine -but only charging at 11.5V. When I got home-she was
'dead' , wouldn't start- only this time I could see the trunk /engine bay
light get dim-then brighter, then dim,then brighter. Next morning- no start-
jumped (put spare battery and cables in boot for the day).

Today, Started, Running fine, battery charging, and charging normally (14V),
Now you should know the real deal- a cell has gone bad- and its only a
matter of 'seconds'- and she'll be ''The Dead Diehard".

If you haven't figured out from the clue ('trunk/engine bay light'- 'boot'
the car is my Fiero 2M6, easy to put spare battery 'in the boot, with the
cables.

The TR has a new Delco Exide battery (K-Mart $24.99)- Diehards aren't what
they use to be, and IMHO not worth double the cost.

Sherman D. Taffel
TR4 CT40054L
Columbia. MD