RE: Dishwashing Carbs!

To: "'JC'" <jc@gt6.co.uk>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Triumph 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dishwashing Carbs!
From: Mark Price <mprice@keystonesystems.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:44:19 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Being single with a house full of kids that don't know any better, I often
use the dishwasher for cleaning parts. Mostly just the stuff that has some
loose accumulation of stuff that will come off in the washer. Never tried it
on carbs. For the tough greasy 30+ years stuff though it may not be
sufficient. Then you have to resort to more conventional approaches. Like
hand scrubbing it in the bathtub :-) But as long as you're going to be
rebuilding and replacing gaskets, O rings, etc. What could it hurt to try?
Mark
TR 250's