Gas Gauge Oddities

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Gauge Oddities
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 11:36:52 -0700
I'm trying to get my fuel gauge to work properly.  Before, it would
always read 1/4 tank if the level was > 1/2 in the tank, and read
properly below that (although sometimes it would read 3/8)

I've got a new(er) tank sending unit from a TR6.  Now, (just by putting
the sender into the circuit and holding the float at its limits) I get
correct readings for Empty but Full puts the needle pointer at just
below half.

Any suggestions?  When I pull the sender out of the circuit and short
the leads (~0 resistance), it reads just under 3/4 tank.  So either
something's too resistive or something's not getting enough power.
Where do I start?

Thanks in advance...
-Malcolm
----
To know that which you do not know, is the best.
                                        --Confucious