RE: Gas Gauge Oddities

To: "'Malcolm Walker'" <walker05@islandnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gas Gauge Oddities
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:51:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
You need to find the resistance required the guage read full using the
method David described. Then use an Ohm meter to measure the resistance of
the sending unit when set to full.  If the resistance needed is greater than
the sending unit actual resistance then (resistance for full reading on
gauge) - (resistance of sending unit)= resistance needed in series. If the
resistance needed is less than the sending unit at full then make
(resistance needed)= R1 in Richard's formula and solve for R2 which will go
in parallel.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK