Re: Spitfire MKIII Oil & Fuel Filter

Subject: Re: Spitfire MKIII Oil & Fuel Filter
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:56:50 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steph :

I'd go with the RN9YC, and then take a reading after a 1000 miles or so.

I don't have my Champion chart handy (translation : I'm too lazy to go
look for it <g>), but the letters mean :
R - Resistor for RFI suppression (makes no difference to heat range)
N - Basic configuration (reach, thread size, seat type, etc.)
12 - Heat range (ISTR higher numbers are hotter, but I could be wrong)
Y - Extended tip
C - Copper core center electrode
(basically a materials improvement, makes no difference to heat range)

My Haynes also specifies the N9Y plugs, for a Mk-III (no spec for other
models ???)

Randall