Re: Electric Fuel Pump for TR6 recommendations sought

To: "linda long" <lalong@vt.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump for TR6 recommendations sought
From: emanteno@attglobal.net
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 20:54:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>

> I'm considering replacing my stock and original fuel pump with an electric
> one.  I would welcome any advise or recommendations from those that have
> installed an electric fuel pump in their TR6.  Does anyone have experience
> with the "Solid Sate Electric Fuel Pump" (part number 377-420) sold by
Moss
> for $79.95?

I don't know which pump Moss is selling, but you can get a Facet made NAPA
brand electronic fuel pump from your NAPA store for around $35.00. It is a
little gold colored box, with the appropriate fittings coming out of it. I
have had one of these in my car for about 4 years now. I used to use a
diapragm style electric fuel pump, but those are not compatible with the
oxygenated gasoline that the EPA mandates for our area (Chicago area). This
fuel eats the diapragm in the pump and causes the pump to fail in a
relatively short period of time (6 months for the last one). The Facet/NAPA
pump claims to be compatible with all gasolines.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL