Re: Electric Fuel Pump for TR6 recommendations sought

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump for TR6 recommendations sought
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:49:12 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I have the Moss electric pump on my 66 TR4A now. Installation is simple as
the small size allows clearance from exhaust. I placed mine on the frame
just forward of the fuel tank. However, I didn't like the idea that it had
no shut off, so I place an on/off switch in the drivers compartment. I use
it during cold start, and then shut it off and let the mechanical pump
supply fuel. Back in the sixties, I put an electric pump on a TR4A that had
a pressure sensing shut off ,(upper limit, carbs full) and a flow sensor
shut off (lower limit, line leak) for emergency shut off. Anyone know of a
source for that kind of pump? Jerry Oliver, Olympia, WA.