Re: Diesel Engine Oil for older cars?

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, jfcowan@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Diesel Engine Oil for older cars?
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:53:53 EDT
Cc: vintage-race@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 05/30/2000 11:43:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sanborn@net1plus.com writes:

<<  found this 15W40 product from Shell Oil called "Rostella" or something
close to that. It is designed for  and used by the diesel truck users and is
"top" quality.  It comes in 1 gallon jugs and is available from my local NAPA
dealer.

 I have not tried it yet out of concern for whether it is a good choice for
my TR4

 Brian Sanborn
 '62 TR4 CT16260L  Groton,MA >>

When I was learning shade tree mechanics 35 years ago in the wrecking yard,
we only bought Rotella, for less than $.25 a qt. back then, and never had a
failure due to oil...poor work perhaps, but never oil.

RH