Re: business ethics

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: business ethics
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:03:52 EDT
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
In a message dated 05/30/2000 12:08:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vafred@erols.com writes:

<< Listers, these are a couple of business practices I recently encountered
and
 am not sure I like dealing with these people again, so your thoughts or
 comments.

My thoughts.....

 # 1- I can repair it for you in 5 to 6 weeks or you pay a 25.00 fee and I'll
 get it back to you in 3 days. What about the other people that are waiting
 5/6 weeks, is this fair to them, why not just charge 25.00 more in the first
 place

Any mechanic you can bribe for $25.00 probably isn't worth a spit
anyway...However, I can see paying a premium for overtime, after closing or
over a weekend to get a project finished ....

 # 2- I do not issue a refund on return parts, only credit toward your next
 purchases.

So if you think you are maybe not going to like the shoddy crap I sell you,
better think twice or you are going to have to take some other shoddy crap
instead....Unless ...no I was thinking of special orders, but that doesn't
seem to apply here.

 # 3- I charge a 25% restocking fee on all returned parts !!!

I don't like this either...BUT, if someone just ordered the repair panel for
the left front fender on my 62 Rambler American, he is due something for
having to return it and haggle with the supplier for his refund.

RH