Re: business ethics

Subject: Re: business ethics
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:25:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe :

I must have missed it.  What 'facts' did you cite ?  In particular, I'd
like to either hear about a law that forbids discounts to a retailer
with a published price list and no published discount schedule, or a
single court case where a retailer was found guilty of violating that
law.

And, BTW, it's not theory but fact that some major vendors do deal this
way.  Grab any CDW catalog (with a published price list and no discount
schedule), then call up CDW and ask for a better price.  As you point
out, it's certainly possible they are violating the law, but it seems
most doubtful to me.  Most companies do their best to stay within the
law (with a few notable exceptions <g>)

Randall