Re: 2 Q's and a ....

To: wizardz@maxinter.net, nass@egroups.com, triumphs-owner@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: 2 Q's and a ....
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:34:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 11:16:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wizardz@maxinter.net writes:

> 1 - What differences exist in the frame member ends of the bonnet hinge
>  assemblies. What is involved in mixing and matching MKIV/1500 bonnets
> and frames and a '70 GT6+ chassis and bonnet.
Mk3 GT6 bonnets are compatible with 1500's.  Mk3 Spitfire bonnets are
compatable with GT6+'s.  Otherwise cutting and welding is necessary.

>  Q2 - in regards to identifying simply, a 3 0r 1 rail gear box in a Spit.
>  Is it safe to assume if the main box is tapered near the tail cone it's
>  a 3 rail?  .... as is a straight/level bottomed gearbox is the single rail
> variety?
The easiest way to tell the difference is the gear shift lever.  Long,
angled, lots of chrome: it's a 3 rail.  Short, mostly covered by carpet boot:
single rail.  I also believe the placement of reversre is different.

Bill B