Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts

To: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 09:49:17 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

a Wallace wrote:

> A while back I went looking for these nuts for my TR3a, to no avail. (They
> are the ones that rattle around inside cages, and are used to hold many
> parts of the body together.)
> Does anyone know of a source of these, apart from the big 3? I need about a
> hundred and it just is too hard to buy them one at a time for ten times
> their worth, on principle. Also, I'd like galvanized or stainless if they
> can be had.

Try the following:

http://www.e-fastener.com

The above is a web clearinghouse for manufacturers, and a quick search
showed a couple of suppliers with 1/4-28 cage nuts, one in 18-8
stainless.

You might also check to see if you have a Spencer Products or Eaton
distributor in your area. They might have something.

The other possibility is to check John Kipping's and see if they the
number you're looking for--if I were to guess from the TR4 parts
catalog, the Standard part number is likely FA3058, or something similar
to that.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter