Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts

To: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:26:10 -0400
Cc: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I got my square nuts, cages and fender mounting kits from TRF about 4
years ago and had no trouble with them. In fact, I ordered extra cages
and nuts, since they seems to come off unpredictably, and still have
some  extra that work fine with the correct bolts.

For those of you who need to get hold of these square nuts, have you
considered welding 4 corners onto the correct size hex nuts? with a MIG,
you could do this in less than a minute per nut.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -