RE: 1/4 x 28 square nuts

To: "'Jim Bauder'" <jimbpps@pacbell.net>, "'TR List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1/4 x 28 square nuts
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:06:17 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"

I bought about a dozen square nuts and cages from TRF about two years ago,
and bought a "rear fender mounting kit" a bit later.  I finally got it all
together about 6 months ago, and everything fit fine - including the slotted
screws for the inside trunk edge.  The square nuts I got were indeed 1/4-28.
The outer dimension of the nuts were slightly smaller than the originals,
but the threads were correct.  Perhaps one of the vendors got in  bad batch
of nuts, and needs to be called?

Dennis