Re: Rubber Thing

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber Thing
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:45:50 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi All
It could have another purpose, it could be for alignment on a jig or fixture
during assembly, either sitting over a peg or having a bolt or stud and nut
for more rigid location. This is a guess from a toolmakers point of view, it
may be well off the mark as I don't know the exact location of the hole, I
am assuming that it is flat on the floor from the previous posts.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI
Toledo
1300 Front Wheel Drive
http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk

> > > I came across a round rubber plug (I guess) in the floor. About the
size of a half-dollar maybe. What's it for? Just curious.
> > >  Jim
> > >  CT54531L

It is probably a drain plug, but