Re: Rubber Thing

To: Ct54531@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rubber Thing
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 01:20:39 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02-Jul-00 15:18:19 Eastern Daylight Time, Ct54531@aol.com
writes:

> I'm in the middle of refurbishing the floor pans in the 65 4A and, on the
>  drivers side, up in the corner on the floor under the dimmer switch, I
came
>  across a round rubber plug (I guess) in the floor. About the size of a
>  half-dollar maybe. What's it for? Just curious.
>
>  Jim
>  CT54531L

It is NOT for the TR4 jack.  That is a large rubber plug in front of the
seats (one on each side).  What you have come across is probably a factory
drain hole plug.  My TR4 also has it so please let me know what other listers
say about it.  I can't find it in my Factory manual "body section."

This is great -- in 36 years I have never noticed it or if I did it didn't
register.  :-). Cheers.
Art Kelly