Re: paint manufacturers code

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: paint manufacturers code
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:23:50 EDT
Cc: smithd@peak.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/4/00 2:51:18 PM EST, sanborn@net1plus.com writes:

>  ...show the 81168
>  number next to Pale Yellow but they don't show any code for
>  Primrose Yellow just above it.  Maybe they are implying that they
>  both use that code... can't tell....

Most sources I've seen indicate that "Pale" (as the yellow is described often
on early Heralds, for example) and "Primrose" (as the yellow was usually
known on the TR3) are indeed the same color. Seems to have been common
practice in the industry for years. I almost learned the hard way that "Deep
Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic" (as on the window sticker of my '91 Ford
Explorer) was known by at least one other name within the Ford Motor Company
product range. Go figure.

--Andy

Andrew Mace
e-mail: herald948@aol.com OR amace@mail.nysed.gov
=====
Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,
er, Triumph Herald engine with wings. -- Cut-price Airlines
Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)