pale yellow

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: pale yellow
From: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 16:17:25 -0700
To all:

I guess I should have posted a more complete message the first time. I had
the 81168 Ditzler/PPG code from a booklet called "More BS about TRs" by Bob
Schaller. I have been unable to obtain a mix for that number. It apparently
doesn't exist in the PPG computer system. The PPG rep on the national help
line that my paint dealer called said that PPG codes beginning with 8 are
blue. Go figure. In an old Dupont color chart I found a code for Pale
Yellow but dupont didn't have a formula for the Dulux code instead they had
a cross reference to a Mazda color that was supposedly an exact match. I
had some mixed and had it painted onto a panel. It has a distinctly green
cast and just doesn't look good to my spouse or me. I posted hoping for a
new code. You have given me a couple of things to try. First I have asked
Brian to send me his secret Dupont formula. Second I have the PPG 82043
number to try. Maybe the national rep didn't know what she was talking
about. Thanks for all of your inpt. I'll let you know if I find anything
new. I am kind of fond of BRG;-)
Dave