Re: Triumph colour - BRG

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Triumph colour - BRG
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:39:54 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Angelo,

I had the same questions when I set out to paint my '58 TR3. The BRGs I saw,
some had too much blue, some had too much yellow, some were just ugly. The
paint I ended up using was a Jaguar color, Dupont #32500E H, code # BLVC254. I
am not sure what all those numbers mean, but those are the numbers on the can.
The paint is ChromaOne acrylic urethane with a clear top coat. I'm sure PPG and
others have the same color.

Most everyone that has seen the car has remarked on how beautiful the color is,
not too blue, not too yellow. But it is a dark green and looks nearly black
except in bright sun. Looks great with my white top!. Although, I wish I had
changed to the tan interior and trim instead of the black with white piping.
Too late now!

NFI, YMMV, etc.

Good luck.

Jim Bauder