Re: Triumph colour - BRG

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph colour - BRG
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:17:07 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>, Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

I would not argue the point extensively, but as I remember, there was a
distinct difference between the BL/MG "BRG" of the early 60's and the
Triumph TR-3A "BRG."  The MG was darker, and flatter.  The Triumph was
slightly lighter and more of a true green.  The later MG "BRG" had a touch
of yellow.  Jag in the time frame of 55-65 produced a lushious metallic
green, which they called "Jaguar Racing Green."  This had a touch of red,
yellow, black, and gold metalflake.  Jag also had a BRG that was lighter
than either the Triumph or MG, and this was not a metallic.

I would need to find some very old color code books to get the exact
mixing colors.

Cheers.

James A. Ruffner