Tranny reassembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny reassembly
From: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 19:15:38 -0400
Hi,

When I'm not worrying the sheet metal apart, my tranny rebuild is proceeding,
about as fast as my car can go with no wheels and up on jackstands.

With the list help (thanks especially to Tony Rhodes) I passed a milestone
today.  The mainshaft is back in, all bearings and seals have been replaced
except the needle bearing in the end of the input shaft.  Is this part a
frequent
failure? I could still do it, but it looks pretty good.

Any advice on gasket sealer?  The tranny gaskets are all very thin paper.

Thanks again.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@access1.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L