Re: freon

To: rbtr3a@flintemc.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: freon
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:09:05 EDT
In a message dated 07/08/2000 11:31:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
rbtr3a@flintemc.net writes:

>  I know this isn't a triumph post but its hot.
>  I've been told that one can combine the new r 134a with the older r12  with
>  out any modifications to the air conditioning systems. Does anyone know?
>
>  Ronnie Babbitt
>  1960tr3a

I wouldn't advise it Ronnie.  I am definetely not an expert, but we just had
my wife's RX7 supposedly converted a year or so ago.  We didn't drive it much
and then last spring, the compressor froze solid shile running.  The mechanic
said that someone must have converted to the new stuff without purging all
the old R12 and oil.  he said weh he does it he replaces as many pieces as
possible because complete purging is very difficult and traces of the old
stuff messes up the new...with results like mine, a destroyed compressor.

RH