Re: Easy (HA!)-Out

To: fergie@ntplx.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Easy (HA!)-Out
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 00:48:09 EDT
Greetings Michael,
I too have broken off screw extractors, usually the cheap kind.  My old (from
the 60's) Craftsman never broke, but I've misplaced them once again.
What I usually do now is take a file of very good quality that has an end of
the correct size and tap it into the drilled out item until it lodges with
enough grip to twist the file, bringing the item with it.  If it doesn't work
I can wiggle out the file and look for the old extractors.

Bill Brockschmidt

PS This worked just fine for removing a solenoid screw from a D-type tranny a
PO had snapped off.