Re: Easy (HA!)-Out

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re: Easy (HA!)-Out
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:46:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Or, you can do it the hard way, as I did on the manifold.

I drilled out the old stud, retapped the threading and have a good
fit. The key is to get the initial drill in the center. I use
a center punch and then start with a small bit to get a good
centering hole and then just increase the size of the bit by every
other size. Have used this a few times on really stubborn studs
that have nothing to grip, per say.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6