Re: 4A rear brakes

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com
Subject: Re: 4A rear brakes
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:29:27 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Lou,

I my long distant youth, I worked at a BMC (forerunner of British Leyland)
garage as a grease monkey .  When we had a cylinder failure, the rule of
the day was that ALL cylinders had to be serviced as well as the M/C (it
could have been a ploy to get extra business, but when working on the
non-failed bits, they often were on their last legs, and would have failed
in due course). So I would suggest as a minimum to do both rears cyls, but
consider renewing seals in all cylinders and M/C just in case.

On the shoes front, like others, I would suggest pitching the "odd" set so
you will have matching linings in both sides.

Tony Gordon