4A rear brakes

To: lmtr4a <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Subject: 4A rear brakes
From: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:50:49 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:59:21 -0500
From: "lmtr4a" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>

Listers:

For the last couple or so weeks I have been losing about two ounces or
so of
brake fluid per week. The offending wheel cylinder was the right rear
that
sprung a leak. Naturally the shoes are a mess and must be replaced. The
left
rear is perfectly dry with about 2/3 of the facing still remaining. On
the
right side I will replace the shoes, cylinder, return and hold down
springs.
My question for the list is can I get away with doing only one side and
merely adjust the difference?

Lou Metelko                        lmtr4a@ctlnet.com
Hi Lou!
        Sure you can, but I wouldn't do it that way. Suggestion: Do the whole
rear brake on Both sides, & save the good parts as spairs. Reason: If
one cylinder is starting to go then the other may be close behind in
need of repair.
        Some people would rather "drive" their car than repair them. While
others are just the opposite. You know yourself the best. Which one are
you?  :>)
-Cosmo Kramer