Re: Dan Masters' Book

To: lseidman@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dan Masters' Book
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:44:00 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2000 9:53:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lseidman@erols.com writes:

> Hi Dan and any other aspiring authors on the list,
>  I am also going to order your book but I have a suggestion that may or may
> not  work for you in the future.
>
>  My 15 year old son is a budding author (fictitious novel) and he has been
>  trying to get his book published without much success. He found a
publishing
>  company on the internet called iuniverse.com which will publish
manuscripts
> of  unpublished authors for around $99.

> snip>

Lenny,

Thanks for the info. I was not familiar with this company, but I have looked
into similar companies. For a book such as your son is publishing
(congratulations to him, btw, that's quite an accomplishment, especially for
some one so young), consisting mostly of text, these type services are great.
For a book like mine, which is extremely graphics oriented, they are
unusable, at least those that I looked at. They were unable to incorporate
the diagrams and photos into the text, but would only be able to add them at
the back of the book (or maybe at the end of each chapter, I don't recall
right now).

I was quite amazed at how inexpensive it would be to publish a book of text,
expecially compared to how much it used to cost before the computor, and all
the associated hardware - printers, etc, came along.

For anyone else interesting in writing a book, you might want to check out
one of the magazines on the newstands that cater to writers. I looked at one
the other day that must've had at least 2 dozen publishing companies
advertising in it.

Dan