Re: Butt or lap weld?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Butt or lap weld?
From: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:18:06 EDT
zwissler@hsonline.net writes:

<< I found that I had a tendency to let the tip move
 away from the work and then the weld quality decreased signficantly.  Don't
 be bashful and keep the tip in there so the gas does its work, that's why
 the tips are replaceable.

You might want to look at the HTP welding website. I have one of their
welders and have used the spotwelder nozzle many times. Just place it and
pull the trigger.

Also they have a clamp tool for butt welding, but I haven't used it. NFI, etc.

 <A HREF="http://www.htpweld.com/";>HTP America: Distributor of Welding Tools
and Accessories</A>