Re: Noise in front wheel of TR4A

Subject: Re: Noise in front wheel of TR4A
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:04:06 -0700
Cc: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat :

Could be a wheel bearing, could be loose spokes, could be a loose spline
adapter.  Bearing sounds most likely to me.

The bearings are a light press fit in the hub, you can drive them out
with a brass drift and BFH.  Be gentle, and try not to cock the bearing
race in the hub, or it will make the hub oversize.

There is a seal, which usually doesn't need replaced, but I always do
anyway.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver