TR6 - full thrust washers (was TR6 Engine Rebuild ~ your opinions)

To: "Stephen Benelisha" <here@best.com>, <BennettDat@aol.com>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 - full thrust washers (was TR6 Engine Rebuild ~ your opinions)
From: "Gene Garrison" <gene@garrison-grafixx.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:37:14 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Whoa -

"machining on the crank to fit full thrust washers" !?!

What be that?!?

As we speak, I'm assembling the parts to put a new crank and possibly block
in my '73 daily driver.  I've been fighting thrust washers for about 11
years now; that's when they first dropped into the oil pan.  I figured out
the clutch problem _almost_ soon enough to prvent damage.  I had the
surfaces machined and put in the thicker washers but it wasn't 100%.  Last
year I pinned in new washers but they're grinding down rapidly.

This is the first I heard of this technique.  Can you fill me in on the
details?

Thanks,

- Gene
- www.garrison-grafixx.com/tr6