Re: TR3 radios

To: tmcartor@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 radios
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:14:39 GMT

Well, I haven't seen a reply to this one, and every body knows that I'm no
real expert, but something tickles my memory about radios as found in the
TR3's back in the old days.  In the first place, I'm willing to bet that the
factory did not have a standard radio installation.  In the second place, I
believe I have seen installations on top of the Tranny tunnel utilizing a
three sided box, screwed to the tunnel, with the tuner in the front, and at
least one speaker on the side.  These may have been supplied by the dealer.
I feel that if there was a standard installation, this may have been it.

Mike BArron
60 TR3
73 TR6