Re: TR3 radios

To: Tim McArtor <tmcartor@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 radios
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:26:14 -0700
      When I bought my '60 TR-3A in 1965 it had a cheesy aftermarket radio
(two knobs, linear analog dial, five station select push buttons, typical
of the era) mounted under the center control panel.  The antenna was
mounted on the right fender near the front of the door.  Radio was out
after a month and antenna broken off at the base.  It's still that way.
     John Cowan

At 03:45 AM 7/18/2000, you wrote:

>I am new to the Triumph group and have a question about radios in TR3's. Was
>there a factory radio? I had a 59TR3A back in the 60's but never had a radio
>installed. What radio do most people put in their TR3's who do not have a
>factory radio? Where is it mounted? Thanks for the help.
>
>Tim McArtor
>Fredericksburg, Virginia
>58 TR3A
>TS26908L

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan