Re: Lucas Sports coil

To: jordan hess von kluck <kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sports coil
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:39:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Jordan,

I put a new Sports Coil in my TR4 last year. There is a rubber sleeve that
fits over the wire and also has a tight push fit over the nose of the coil. It
fits tight enough to hold the wire in place, and is more watertight than the
old screw-in connector. I mounted the coil over on the fender well to get it
away from the heat and vibration of the engine. The previous coil lasted over
30 years that way. Learned that one from Bob Tullius himself. Don't forget to
put the bolts back in the mounting holes in the block, with some sealer.

I use Lucas bumblebee wire and Bosch Platinum plugs gapped .033. ISTR hearing
that some people run .037-.040 gaps with Sports Coils.

Cheers,

Pete Fullam
63 TR4