To Paint wheel wells or not ?

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: To Paint wheel wells or not ?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:59:04 -0400
Cc: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Pat"
>I'm told that the inside wheel wells of the TR3 were painted. yes/no ?

I am so tempted to use the black undercoating in them.. as they hide a huge
amount if prep sins Vs painting. It also simplifies so much the logistics
of
moving the body around for painting etc and a whole lot cheaper.

What is the best thing to do with the inner wheel wells ? Paint or black
Undercoating ? (I don't really want to paint the undercoating...

What would/did you do ? After thoughts ?

Thanks,Pat
<

Pat,

I would paint before undercoating anyway.  Undercoating provides a less
reliable seal than does paint.  So paint first.  Any color.  Perhaps black
so the voids in the undercoat don't show.

JMHO

Dave