Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@Home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 07:01:29 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Pat
I recently bought a red TR with black undercoated wheel wells, and it looked
awful. If the TR3s were like the TR4A and TR250 I own, the wheel well was
primered, then undercoated lightly and then painted body color. I used the
undercoat (paintable spray can type by 3M) over an epoxy primer (PPG DP) and
then painted them when I painted the body.  Try testing it on a piece on
scrap sheet metal and see if you like the results.
 Jerry Oliver
 Olympia, WA.
 66TR4A
68TR250