TR6 Steering Bushing

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Steering Bushing
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:48:29 -0600
Anybody replaced their steering bushings lately?  Are you supposed to
grease/lube the inside of the bushing where the upper steering column
contacts the steering bushing?  Or leave it clean?

And does anyone have a technique for pulling the top bushing out the top
of the steering column (I don't have a bearing in the way at the top of
the steering column so I think it's possible) without taking the
steering column out?

I know the ears need to be cut off or drilled out, but I could use some
ideas on what tool to use to pull it out.

Thanks in advance.
Bud (last thing I'm doing before I go to VTR)

--
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/