Re: TR4 Electrical Woes - Dash Gauges

Subject: Re: TR4 Electrical Woes - Dash Gauges
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 13:35:35 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul :

Are you sure the ammeter quit working ?

The temp and fuel gauges are both fed by the voltage stabilizer, so you
likely have a either a bad connection between the gauges and the
stabilizer (which ISTR is mounted to the back of the speedo), or a
faulty stabilizer.

The ammeter would be a whole different set of problems, but more likely
your generator was just barely keeping up with the electrical load, so
there was no current flowing in or out of the battery (and hence the
ammmeter read 0).

Randall
59 TR3A