Re: TR4 Electrical Woes - Dash Gauges

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Electrical Woes - Dash Gauges
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:38:04 -0700
Cc: "INTERNET:Herald948@aol.com" <Herald948@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <Paulwillou@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Whoops... black it is! Sorry, prob. not a Beemer influence, only had a
brief stint with a 2002 many years ago... more likely a VW reference, I
think.

Re: ammeter, that's a point Dave, isn't it in series with at least one
other gauges (fuel?)? So an intermittent connection on that side of the
circuit would take out at least those two, right?

David Massey wrote:

> Message text written by INTERNET:Herald948@aol.com
> >In a message dated 7/22/00 4:35:27 PM EST, reagntsj@ricochet.net writes:
>
> > With all three gauges acting up, I'd suspect a bad ground. Did the
> >  lights in the gauges go off as well? If you pull the gauge panel, you'll
> >  find a brown ground wire that loops from gauge to gauge. That's where
> >  I'd start investigating.
>
> Makes sense, except that I thought all the ground wires were black, not
> brown?
>
> --Andy
> <
>
> Me thinks there is a BMW owner in the woodpile!
>
> Also, there is no ground connection to the Ammeter (except for
> illumination)
>
> Dave Massey

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.