Re: tr6 Clutch question

To: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 Clutch question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:48:38 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Mike
I went to Birmingham UK at the weekend and had the same thing at a busy
junction, took a swing at the stick from over the handbrake lever and busted
the stick at the hole where the O/D wire comes out, try shifting with a
three inch long stick, especially when first is a pig. I am fairly sure my
problem is the synchro ring is ineffective or stuck, as the clutch
disengages the drive, a travel of about half way has the clutch slipping and
it bites nicely on the way back up. Also with the car on a slight down hill
gradient in first gear with the clutch depressed it does not start to roll
forwards.
I would be interested to hear what people have to say about this, my knee
jerk reaction was the taper pin (I have one I took out of a Dolomite Sprint
Box which looks like a dog clutch, didn't even realise it was broke 'till I
dropped it and it fell in two bits!) but I think the above tests eliminate
that.

Graham.