Churchill tools / Hub Puller

To: <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Churchill tools / Hub Puller
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:41:36 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
My recommendation is to pull the axle and have the hub pressed of
professionally.  Last time I tried the hub puller, I yanked the studs right
thru the hub causing much consternation and expense.  It's also a bit
dangerous.  The conical fit can suddenly come apart with explosive force.
Mine shot across the garage floor about 15 feet.  REAL good thing I wasn't
standing in front of it.
It's not a bad idea to check the alxe bearings and replace the axle seals as
long as you're in there anyway.
THX: JP
59 TR3A TS40984 "Parts All Over The House"