First Start

To: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Start
From: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:16:47 -0800
After a VERY long journey, I am at the ----
 "Gentleman ---- Start Your Engine" stage.
Any advice.  Motor is fully rebuilt with new pistons and sleeves, cam, the
fully Monty.  Someone said, pour oil in it and turn it over by hand a few
times.  This seems like an awful lot of work when I have a perfectly good
starter.  Someone else said, pull the plugs and put some oil in there,
although I thought that would foul the plugs right off the bat.  The engine
has been sitting after its rebuild about 2 1/2 months.
What does the collective wisdom have to say about popping this baby's
cherry?
59 TR3A TS40984 "Parts All Over the House"